24.1.10

Scott Walker is one of my all time heroes, an under-rated legend of the highest order, and one of the greatest inspirations to life-long innovation and creativity I have ever encountered. I recently discovered that a good friend of mine had never heard this incredible man, and was unfamiliar with is work, so I made this little compilation for him of my favourite Scott songs - spanning his first few albums with tracks from Scott, Scott 3 and Scott 4, the highly difficult to find Walker Brother’s reformation tracks from Nite Flights, a few from the dark years of the early 70s doing coversongs, and one haunting track from his later albums of epic scope and frightening soundscapes.

I have uploaded that compilation here as well, so that anyone unaware of his genius may get a sampling, at least of my personal favourites. If you can, also consider watching the fantastic, and life-altering, documentary on his life and art “Scott Walker: 30 Century Man” which also has interviews from his many admirers including David Bowie, Brian Eno, Marc Almond, Jarvis Cocker and Julian Cope, amongst others. I really cannot over-state the magic and importance of this man and his impact on my life, as well as many others, so I do hope some of you will download and enjoy.

DOWNLOAD

No comments:

Post a Comment